Friday, March 16, 2012

"1985 - That Golden Year!!" - Pt. 5



Dearest friends,

one of the bands that highlighted 1985 for me were the utterly fantastic Brilliant Corners from Bristol. You may or may not know their 'Brian Rix' from 1987, rather frequently airplayed and featured on various compilations. But their debut album, 'Growing Up Absurd' on SS20 Records, is really fine and I think I listened to it like a hundred times back in 1985!

The singer and the bassist, by the way, formed The Experimental Pop Band in 1995 and I have a 2001 album of theirs at home which I haven't listened to since ... oh, 2001, I suppose. But I will change that tomorrow, I think.

But, here today, from 1985, from said debut album:

The Brilliant Corners - 'One Of These Days' ('85) (mp3)

Enjoy, enjoy!

Dirk

No comments: