Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"1985: That Golden Year!!" - Pt. 3



Good morning ladies,

I think I listened to quite a lot out of Hüsker Dü's back catalogue, but to be absolutely frank to you, I can't agree with everything they've done. No question that 'Candy Apple Grey' is a total classic, also 'Zen Arcade' has some glorious moments, but by and large the rest of their works, especially the early stuff, is something I can't really cope with. By the way: the early Grant Hart solo recordings, mind you, are really really good and worthwile checking out indeed!

This here has always been a favourite of mine and somehow I can't tired of listening to it: from - obviously - 1985's 'New Day Rising', here's for you to enjoy:

Hüsker Dü - 'Books About UFOs' ('85) (mp3)

Take good care,

Dirk

No comments: