Thursday, March 7, 2013

"45 45's until I'm 45" (#17/45)

Good morning people,

I'm willing to have a small bet that today's choice is totally unknown to 99% of you freaks out there. Nevertheless it is a record that grows on you and I really do think you should give it a chance. Mind you, it comes to you all the way from Japan and that's quite a distance, right?

Again a band I can't tell you anything about at all, nor do I have the slightest idea whether they ever did anything else in addition to this single. I don't even know whether the band are at all Japanese or not, the label is though, that's for sure.

Here's your number seventeen, friends, so please enjoy:


Motorway Records - MOTOR 035 (1999)


As you can tell it's not the stuff I would usually listen to: I mean, it somehow sounds like Fantastic Plastic Machine playing a song based on a Hawaiian version of the 'E-I-E-I-O' at the end of "Old McDonald's Farm", with a touch of Trio's 'Da Da Da' ... but, most importantly, it works: at least in my humble opinion.

Whaddayouthink?

Cheerio,

Dirk

 

1 comment:

Walter said...

Never heard any note from them. First it starts a children lullaby and ends as any song played by a danceband in the 50s. But hypnotic and worth to listen more times.