Thursday, August 21, 2008

Now, this is for Matt from Worksop in the UK ...

... who aked for specific tracks out of Peel Sessions by Siouxsie, Pulp and The Housemartins quite some time ago. In his mail he didn't hesitate to point out that I might not have the requested tracks and of course he was absolutely right (I only wish I had them though ....). Again, all I can do is direct you the wonderful 'Perfumed Garden' blogspot, Matt: if anyone on earth can help you out with these rarities, it's Kris Waah, who - one of these days - is surely gonna kill me, because I keep going on telling people to get in touch with him, so that he can fulfill their requests *smile* ...

But Matt also - very kindly - said that any early Pulp would do as well. Well, I know that Pulp's first record ('It') is from 1983, but I don't have it. The earliest track I got, from 1985 in fact, is 'Little Girl (With Blue Eyes)' (mp3). I took it from an American compilation from 1987 called 'The Great Fire Of London', which features, beneath Pulp, these bands: 1000 Mexicans, Blue Aeroplanes, Close Lobsters, Colenso Parade, Gerard Langley & Ian Kearey, Parachute Men, Perfect Disaster, Rose Of Avalance and The Royal Assassins. Well worth tracking down and Matt, I hope you are pleased with my choice.

Dirk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dirk I cannot thank you enough for reponding o my request & I will indeed visit the perfumed garden; really sorry but only just found this post as i had major pc problems which have taken since early august to fix, anyway i'm back now so will be a regular visitor once again
matt