Monday, February 27, 2012

"I'm Taking The Next Bus Outta Here ..."



G'evening all,

similarily to yesterday's post, here's to you the first ever Pavement - tune I heard, back in 1989, upon its release. I am not familiar with the entire Pavement back catalogue, I must admit, but from what I have heard so far, this one here surely is the best thing they ever did, at least in my humble opinion. (Yes, 'Summer Babe' was rather neat as well, but it didn't top today's choice).

From a 5-track-EP released in 1989, as I said, called 'Slay Tracks 1933 - 1969', here's the absolutely fantastic 'Box Elder' .... a place in Montana apparently, which I have never been to and have no plans to go to either.

Pavement - 'Box Elder' ('89) (mp3)

btw.: The Wedding Present once covered that one ... and rather nicely as well!

Enjoy,

Dirk

No comments: