Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lady Loser's Lottery .... Pt. 4

And yes, dear friends, another edition of Lady Loser's Lottery is about to follow. For those of you who don't know what this is all about: I asked my dear wife to pick five items out of my record collection ... with closed eyes, of course. Well, this is what she picked a few minutes ago:



(1) [from the CD-shelf]: The Business - 'Suburban Rebels'. A Dojo - reissue of the 1983 LP, orginally released on Link Records. I chose this one: 'Harry May' (mp3).




(2) [from the 7"-shelf]: Throw That Beat In The Garbagecan! - 'Peng!'. Something from Germany for you now for a change ... and why not? A 3-track - 7" on September Gurls Records from 1989. I think the tune on the A-Side is the one to prefer, it's called 'Having A Laugh!' (mp3).


(3) [ from the 12"-shelf]: Half Man Half Biscuit - 'Dickie Davis Eyes'. Well, all of you know this by hear by now, I would think. Therefore I'll go for one of the two tracks on the B-Side, one you don't hear all that often: 'I Left My Heart In Papworth General' (mp3). On Probe Plus Records from 1986.


(4) [from the Compilations - shelf]: 'Indie Top 20 - Vol. XI'. A double-LP in fact, which brings together, as you might imagine, some top indie tunes from some of our common favourite bands. What do I go for? Not terribly easy, because all of the songs on it are pretty good. But this is one I always quite liked: The Honey Smugglers - 'Listen' (mp3). Originally on Non Fiction Records from 1990, the compilation itself though is on Beechwood Music from 1991.


(5) [from the LP - shelf]: Sonic Youth - 'Experimental Jet Set, Trash And No Star'. A curious title, which I never fully understood, but who cares? On Geffen Records from 1994, my choice is this: 'Bull In The Heather' (mp3).


Well, I hope Mrs. Loser chose something which pleased at least a few of you. I should tell you that she first picked Depeche Mode's 'Speak And Spell' out of the CD-shelf (I would have chosen 'Photographic'), but because I didn't want the same shit happen to me as to my pal J.C. aka The Vinyl Villain (read about it here), I told her to have another pick ...

Have fun and enjoy, friends!

Dirk

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Loser definitely has a knack for choosing great music whilst blindfolded. Loved the songs posted!

Unknown said...

Dirk/Mrs Dirk.

As ever, its a joy to pay a visit and pick up all sorts of fantastic things.

Aye yours

JC
x

Denier said...

Like the "Harry May" pick. Hadn't heard it in ages...