Friday, October 3, 2014

"Tag Der Deutschen Einheit ..."





Hello friends,


yes, today's "Tag Der Deutschen Einheit" here in Germany, which translates as "Day of German Unity" ... basically we honor the re-combination of the two Germanies in having a day off and do pretty much nothing else than sitting on the couch and enjoying ourselves.



I, on the other hand, thought I better make up another one of these mixes I find so much enjoyment in ... all German stuff today, of course. Most probably this one won't meet with the approval of all too many of you apart perhaps from Walter. But there you are, it may give you a picture of how difficult it is when you listen to music sung in a language which is not your own ... something which I did for the last 30 years or so.


So here we go, some great tracks to follow, partly forgotten ones as well:


"Tag Der Deutschen Einheit - Mix" (mp3)




Also I thought that it might be a good idea to make you an offer, that's the mood I'm in today: if you enjoy these mixes, why not request a customized one? I'd make one up for you, not terribly long, say some 12 songs or so. You choose the topic, I choose the tunes. Perhaps you just request a year, i.e. 1986 and you'll get 12 quality belters from that year, chosen and professionally mixed by me personally. Or you request a theme and I'll find something fine for you ... as long as it's not "songs with titles in Latin", because by now we all know that this is a hard task!

Deal? Any requests highly appreciated ..

Enjoy your holiday and all the best,

Dirk







6 comments:

george said...

I didn;t know some of those acts were German. Anyway, I have a request: on the theme of Portugal. Don't know why that idea came into my head.....if it proves too hard, what about the theme of "beaches and sunshine". It's another beautiful day here....

Walter said...

Fantastic mix Dirk. It includes many of my favorite songs from this decade. I used to have Los ninos del parque as a ringtone on my mobile phone. Polizisten was a hymn in our local pub and Frau Krause is just awesome.

And here is my request: I would like to have a mix with songs with names of cities in it.

Have a good time Dirk.
Walter

Brian said...

Wonderful, Dirk. OK, here is my theme. "Soft." In particular, I would like to hear what your favorite songs were when a particularly loud post-punk band pulled off turning it down.

Dirk said...

Hello George, Walter, Brian: thanks for your requests which I'll work on asap. It may take some time though ... and Brian: sorry, but I'm not sure if I understand your request correctly. Could you re-phrase this one, please: "when a particularly loud post-punk band pulled off turning it down"? Do you want rather quiet songs from post-punk bands which normally did loud stuff?

Ta,

Dirk

Brian said...

Hey Dirk. Yes, as you put it, I would like to get your opinion on post-punk or punk bands that performed something not so loud. A good example would be Vic Godard's new Northern Soul stuff... or Buzzcocks doing Why Can't I Touch It... or the Clash doing Spanish Bombs or Hitsville UK... which are downright pop. If this is a tall order, don't worry too much about it. Take care of yourself.

TheRobster said...

I work in the largest hospital in Wales. So how about some medical/health related tunes/artists?