Friday, November 25, 2016

"Here Come The Girls!"




                                                                                              



Hello friends,

yes, another one of those boring mixes, but, believe it or not, one I enjoyed doing mightily indeed!

My wife got hold of one of these radios from the 50's for the living room, you know what I mean, not originally from the 50's, brand new in fact, those cheap things that have a turntable and a tape slot, USB device plus radio function, but look as if they were from the 50's. The pick-up is utter crap, but the tape and the USB bit sounds pretty good. So in my wisdom - basically in order to avoid having to hear shitty radio stations chosen by Mrs. Loser all the time - I made up another one of those mixes and put it on some USB stick, so that at least I can listen to some good tunes from time to time without having to run upstairs and bring them all down separately.
Don't ask me why, but it turned out to be all women on this mix ... again. The last posts about girls making noise seem to have struck a chord with quite a few of you, so I thought "oh, why not, let's try it again!", so there you are, enjoy ...:


"Here Come The Girls" (mp3-mix)


 








clockwise left to right: Alison Moyet (Yazoo), Barbra Donovan (Glass Torpedoes), Björk Guðmundsdóttir (Sugarcubes), Amelia Fletcher (Heavenly)


clockwise left to right: Catherine Ringer (Les Rita Mitsouko), Cindy Wilson (B-52's), Claudia Brücken (Propaganda), Elizabeth Freeth (Bang Bang Machine)


clockwise left to right: Els Pynoo (Vive La Fete), Emily Haines (Metric), Johnny Johnson (Siddeleys), Harriet Wheeler (Sundays)


clockwise left to right: Julia Sophie Heslop (Little Fish), Justine Frischmann (Elastica), Katrina Mitchell (Pastels), Meriel Barham (Pale Saints)


clockwise left to right: Natalie Merchant (10.000 Maniacs), Poly Styrene, Rebby Sharp (Orthotonics), Renee Scroggins (ESG)


clockwise left to right: Rhoda Dakar (Bodysnatchers), Tabitha Tindale (Joy Zipper), Tammy Ealom (Dressy Bessy), Wendy Morgan (Popguns)





Something in it for everyone, I would have thought, right? Let me know what you think, right?

Until then, take good care,

Dirk

PS: ah, and isn't Els Pynoo smoking hot?! 






5 comments:

Swiss Adam said...

Good work Dirk. Again.

Walter said...

As Adam said - another great eclectic compilation. Loved your idea for this behind your gift to us. Thank you Dirk

Brian said...

Inspired work, my friend. So many favorites here. Seeing this on my phone, but I can't wait to get home and download it. Lovejunky era Popguns is so underrated. Even more exciting... there are six songs I have never heard. Thank you, Dirk. Hope you're doing well.

TheRobster said...

I should have commented on this earlier, but I've only just got around to listening to the full set. Some great stuff I haven#t heard on here. And in answer to your final question: yes, she is!

Brian said...

Stopping by once more to wish you and your family a happy Christmas!